Who should report suspected child abuse?
Anyone can report this.
Who is a mandated reporter?
- Health Care Professionals - physicians, medical examiners, dentists, optometrists, chiropractors, podiatrists, psychiatrists, psychologists, interns, nurses, public health department personnel, funeral directors and hospital personnel.
- Law Enforcement Officials - police officers, sheriffs, county detectives, coroners and court officials.
- Social Services Professionals - social services workers, child care workers and clergy.
- Education Professionals - teachers, principals, school nurses, school administrators and counselors.
- Anyone who as a part of his or her job has contact with children.
Where to report?
- Mifflin County Children & Youth is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 - 4:30. There is an on-call worker available for emergencies throughout the night and on weekends.
The phone number to call anytime is 717-248-3994.
- Childline & Abuse Registry is open 24 hours a day.
The phone number to call anytime is 717-783-8744 or 1-800-932-0313.